Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Trig


Life is very math-y lately.
Wake up? Math.
Afternoon? Math.
Evening? Math.

And I like it.

A few weeks ago, I signed up for a math course on a whim. I had just attended Grandfather's memorial service and when they got to the part about him getting his master's, it struck a chord with me.

Lately, I've decided that I want to somehow obtain more bookish-knowledge. Last time I went to school was 2-3 years ago, long enough for a break and to miss it again.

I don't want to be academically frozen with the mind of a 21-year-old. When I think of the idea that all I might know in the future regarding math is what I know now, it's really disappointing, so I'm doing something about it.


It's terribly time consuming but wonderfully rewarding. Ever get the math high? Each time I get a problem right, it feels luxuriously delightful. When I get it wrong, I feel eager to try again and figure it out. If I don't get it and need to ask a question, it's still just as exciting as I discover the answer with another human talking me through it.

I don't regret this decision at all.

The only thing it'd done that isn't my favourite is I seem to always feel like I'm busy. You know that ol' school feeling of knowing you have work to do - that's always there. There's always something to be working on.

It certainly keeps me busy and antisocial. I try to get myself out of the house for social's-sake two times a week, maybe three. It's easy to stay at home because it's full of lovely people to hang out with and feel like I'm social.

Glad I'm in Haines. Glad I have maths to do.

1 comment:

  1. Nope, can't say I ever had the math high. But I'm happy for you. (Theresa Turtle, Fergie the Frog's new friend, is very good at math -- learned that at Cates today."I may not be good at math, but you can count on me!" ~Fergie)

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails