Wednesday, November 12, 2014

through the clouds


This picture pretty well represents this year.

See those clouds? That's where I was most of this summer and I just came out to where the mountain-tips are. I'm not in the sun, yet. I'm not as blind, though, as I was with my head in the clouds.

I look back and go, "SFDKJL."
Or something like that.

I was so foolish.
So stupid.
So stupid.
So stupid.

Crikey.

When will I learn?

I thought it was a summer breeze, painless and simple.
Ha! No. No.

Absolutely foolish.
And I thought it was good for me. I thought it was progress.

And no, I don't wan to talk to you about it.

In the past 48 hours, my perspective on the past summer has changed. My eyes have opened. I wish I could close them, but certain things can't be erased from memory, even when you close your eyes.

The growth and "progress" won't be in what happened this summer, but the healing and lessons that come after it.

1 comment:

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails