Sunday, April 5, 2015

cello amplification and a special effects pedal makes me be able to play stuff


About a week ago, I got a pickup for my cello. More on that another time.
On Easter, Dad hooked me up with his fx pedal thing.

And now.

I can make sounds like I could never make before. I can sound hella distorted and angry. I can sound super outlandishly cool. I can make all these sounds.

And it is so exciting.

It makes me feel like all this teenage angst I didn't even know I could have is gushing out.

I wanted to dig the bow in harder and harder and play louder and louder and I wanted more and more distortion.

TAKE THIS HUMANS WHO ALWAYS PLAYED OVER ME IN SHOWS AND MADE ME PLAY FORTE THE WHOLE TIME AND I WAS MAD CAUSE I WANTED TO PLAY PIANO AND STILL BE ABLE TO HEAR MYSELF BUT YOU ARE ALL SO LOUD THAT I CAN ONLY PLAY ONE DYNAMIC TO EVEN BEGIN TO PARTIALLY HEAR MYSELF IT AT ALL.

Dad joined in and we tore those hymns to shredsss.


I can now play tributes to Jimi Hendrix on my cello and that is just so, so great.
This feels so empowering.

You guys.. I want to play with all the angry musicians and make angry music together because now I, too, can sound angry. If you are in an angry band and want an angry cellist, let me know. I will play extra angry with you. I can play a mean Amazing Grace.

1 comment:

  1. Play me an angry cello solo sometime. I'd like that.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails