Thursday, May 21, 2015

Car Camping in West Seattle


Sometimes, you gotta just gotta park your car and sleep in it.

The other day, I knew I wanted to be in West Seattle the next morning -- but problem was, that would mean me having to drive through Seattle traffic which made me feel super, super anxious.

So --- what's less anxiety-inducing then driving in traffic to West Seattle?
Sleeping in my car in West Seattle.

At around 10:40 PM, I drove over (no traffic!) and found a street, parked, and slept.
Slept like a baby... sort of.
I slept fine.

I always have a bed in the back of my car or truck, just in case I need to do something like this.

This spot was perfect because it was right around a corner with a car blocking the view into my car for most of the road. Also, there was no sidewalk to park next to. Also, there was foliage creeping into my open window and fresh air was blowing in which felt great. It was on a not-too busy street right by Puget Sound.

I was a happy, happy camper. I dreamy about camping, which was appropriate.

At 6:48 AM, I woke up, read a bit, contacted my friend, took a nap, and at 9:24, showed up at their door and didn't drive in traffic for a single minute. I was very happy. We spent the day watching Miyazaki films, relaxing, and eating Indian food and it was just what I needed. I don't know why more people don't sleep in their cars.

View from the other window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails