Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Grateful for a Spring Dense With Community

Spontaneous dinner with Jesse, Jim, Ron, Jacob, and Ted. Meatloaf with roasted potatoes and sald never tasted so good!
One of the top things I am most grateful for, these days, are the communities that surround me in my daily life in Washington state. I am grateful that gatherings of loving people are not a rare occurrence. I am also grateful that the frequency doesn't dilute the love and joy that I receive from them. I love the balance I find - the giving and taking, sharing and listening, resting and reacting. I'm not entirely sure what I want for my future in terms of a career, but I do know that I always want to be surrounded by community and to be a part of building that community up.

After a book signing, popcorn, chicken, mozzarella whips, and kombucha on the dock in Lake Forest Park.
And sometimes, the house plays basketball.
Cheesemaking weekend in Bellingham with Mirai, Hannah, Sonya, Brian, River, Sky, and Steven.
Celebrating May birthdays.
Wood kiln firing on Lopez Island.
The kiddos at work.
Always into group hugs.
Climbing with Matilda and Cleo at their new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails